The way organizations and their employees use technology has changed dramatically in the last decade, as have the threats. Today’s threats are more disruptive and can be devastating to your business. The threat to a modern company being impacted by a cyber-compromise is an ever present reality. High reliance on IT technology presents even greater risks to businesses due to tight financial controls resulting in insufficient spend on IT Security. SAVANTURE’s LMS in-the-cloud solution provides the answer for Security and Compliance, but is also a budget friendly option compared to other alternatives.
Log Management System (LMS) technologies have helped businesses improve compliance management over the past decade. However, legacy LMS technology has not evolved to keep up with the threat and compliance landscape and have fallen short in many areas. Leveraging a next generation LMS, such as SAVANTURE’s, allows you to establish a sustainable, cost effective, solution for compliance fulfillment as well as an integrated tool for you security management program.
SAVANTURE’s Log Management Service (LMS)
The SAVANTURE Log Management Service (LMS) is delivered through one of two deployment options;
- as a Cloud-only
- or a Cloud/On-Premise hybrid
The deployment option is typically driven by the necessary level of security needed and log volume between the device generating the logs in your infrastructure and the SAVANTURE in-the-cloud SaaS infrastructure. In most cases, to encrypt the data, ensure reliable transport of logs, and provide traffic throttling on the customer’s infrastructure, we provide a small footprint software app or device to be deployed at your site that provides reliable log management and encryption.
Why Choose Cloud-Based Log Management?
The SAVANTURE LMS has a rich set of features that make log management extremely easy to implement and use ongoing. In addition, being cloud-based means performance, scale, secure transport, storage and log management, as well as redundancy, never becomes a worry and you can focus on your business … not hosting, LMS application management, or continually upgrading OS and hardware.
Is the SAVANTURE LMS solution cost effective?
Yes, absolutely; the SAVANTURE LMS is the absolute best value and best in class solution in the market. In addition, the service scales with your needs and the variable nature of applications;
- no up-front costs,
- no runaway, unexpected expenses or incorrectly budgeting your needs months in advance
- device based pricing model and contract that allows you to scale up and down, thus paying for only what you need
- World class support with real people, not just FAQs
- Secure access from anywhere, anytime with a browser based interface
- Advanced reporting for security reviews, compliance and audits
What value does Log Management provide?
Many organizations consider log management a necessary evil to fulfill regulatory and industry requirements. In reality, log data contains extremely valuable information and provides relevant trend data that can help the entire organization understand and run the business better. Big Data, gleaming useful information from magnitudes of meaninglessly endless amounts of data in highly efficient ways, is exactly what we enable you to do. Everyone talks Big Data, but we are actually doing Big Data on a Big Data platform. The SAVANTURE platform allows you to be proactive with your log data for broader purposes than just security and compliance, resulting in better business intelligence and actionable results. Standardized reporting, on-demand custom reports, and log search is easy, always available, and centralized with the secure SAVANTURE LMS.
Does the SAVANTURE LMS service integrate into the SAVANTURE Genesis5 solution?
Yes, if you selected to use the SAVANTURE Geneisis5 solution, LMS is included. The Savanture LMS is a core element of the SAVANTURE Genesis5 platform and is included as a standard at no incremental fee with every Genesis5 Solution deployment.
HOW SAVANTURE’S LMS IS DIFFERENT
Not all LMSs are created equal; many fail in small and mid-sized networks as there is limited security expertise to tune the system, others get bogged down when attempting to handling large scale environments or major attacks which are often found in a large enterprise deployments. Other LMSs do a good job with log collection and file parsing, but fail when it comes to the crucial tasks of generating useful reports, performing well when presented with complex searches, or providing effective search and logic capabilities for forensics. A major drawback of most LMSs is they offer attractive initial pricing, but increase in price almost exponentially as greater numbers of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and host and application systems are added to the mix.
SAVANTURE’s LMS was built from the ground up with scalability, performance, and intelligence in mind. Based on the carrier-class architecture of SAVANTURE’s PredictiveView Analytics PlatformTM, SAVANTURE’s LMS is a modular Managed Security Services Platform which enables the collection and analysis of data from both cloud and customer premise based assets and applications. The core system consists of four components:
- a secure data collection system, that securely manages collection and transport of the system logs to SAVANTURE’s in-the-cloud SIEM infrastructure
- the gateway, a secure communication entry point between the customer’s environment and SAVANTURE’s cloud based backend security infrastructure
- a distributed storage architecture leveraging Big Data technologies,
- the secure management, searchand reporting portal.
Over a decade of real-world experience makes SAVANTURE’s LMS Solution the best LMS in the industry for you.
- Dramatically improved security and reduced threat exposure through proactive preventative activities and rapid remediation through early detection
- Attractive Value Proposition supported by a more budget friendly pricing structure in comparison with other SIEM solutions
- Simplified training requirements and reduced staff levels with our intuitive dashboard user interface
- Support for all major brands of network components, including firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection systems
- Flexible deployment options
AN INTEGRATED APPROACH
SAVANTURE’s suite of cloud based security tools canbe purchased through our Genesis5 solution, individually or in any combination. SAVANTURE provides the same great tools used by our CISOs and staff to you. The Cloud Managed Security Services (MSS) suite includes:
- Security Information Element Management Service (SIEM)
- Log Management Service (LMS)
- Vulnerability Management System (VMS)
- Two Factor Authentication Service (2FA)
SAVANTURE delivers the industry’s most advanced cloud based Security-as-a-Service platform which allows you to dramatically simplify your businesses’ approach to governance and security management.
SAVANTURE UNDERSTANDS AND RECOGNIZES THE BUSINESS CHALLENGES
Today’s enterprises understand the need to have a robust Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and Security Program in place to protect their business processes and information assets. Often however, your company’s limited IT, network, and security staff are constantly dealing with everyday tactical problems rather than creating the high-value IT innovations that your company needs to differentiate itself in this high tech world. What we often find is the customers have a common goal of reducing risk, but have rarely taken the basic steps to inventory systems, applications, network flow, and business transaction dependencies due to their day to day tactical activities. In order to assist our clients, we integrate technology and automation capabilities within our suite of services, combined with experienced individuals to:
- accomplish a higher degree of integration out of the box through automated detection, network mapping, inventory creation and traffic flow mapping. This means we are more effective without depending heavily upon your staff to provide network diagrams, inventory of systems and applications, and general network flow of traffic within a short period of time.
- Then, we have experienced professionals reviewing the events being collected by the SAVANTURE platform components and tune them to achieve a high degree of accuracy in our alerts. We continue to provide this level of review to make sure as threats increase, technologies evolve, networks change, and best practices evolve, your defense posture is optimized.
- When this is combined through the Genesis5 offering, we integrate a transparent delivery model that leverages people, process, and platform together into the industry’s most powerful, cost effective solution.
SAVANTURE is able to provide higher value, lower costs and a set of world class products and services by leveraging our global team of subject matter expertise, geographically localized leadership with each having decades of information risk management experience.
Product and Services Overview
While our customers benefit from the added “human experience and knowledge” within each product and suite of services, we have taken a much more aggressive approach in integrating a senior security leader into our flagship solution, Genesis5.
Seamless integration of best practices with technology … Leverage best practices for policy, rule creation, with the support of a virtual team of experts, an industry veteran interface assisting you, combined with the technology integration of SIEM, LMS, VMS, 2FA that is Genesis5. How do you catch Advanced Persistence Threats? How about the kids huddled in a garage down the road trying to prove they can hack into your network? You know it’s not just great technology. You know it’s not just great people. And you certainly know it’s not about meeting regulatory requirements and having a governance program in place. It’s about intelligence on a global scale of what’s happening, what’s likely to happen, where great people are supported by excellent technology and proper programs to support compliance and governance with a clear prioritized plan of execution supported by experienced individuals. We are Savanture. We can help. Gensis5 is that solution that makes it all come together. Read more.
The foundational cores of our solutions, including Genesis5, are delivered through the following products packages which can be purchase individually, combined or as an integrated suite:
Security Information and Incident Management (SIEM)
Real-time analysis and alerting through automated analysis and correlation of event logs, combined with ongoing per customer reviews and analysis, integration with vulnerability scans and new vulnerability threat data, trend, and 3rd party intelligence source creates the most accurate SIEM in the industry. Unlike any other cloud SIEM, we don’t leave it to you to tune, we do that for you and its included in each Managed SIEM In the Cloud package we provide. We support this through advanced features rarely found in other SIEMs. Read more.
Log Management Service
Regulatory requirements, forensics, and best practices drive the requirements to retain system and application logs from 1 year to over 7 years. What is the secret sauce to our success with LMS? We listened, and continue to listen, to our customers and provide ease of search and reporting that allows for logical deciphering of useful business intelligence from the millions of reference logs. While LMS is not intended to be a real-time SIEM, it does also provide some lite features for analysis, alerting and of course reporting. Our LMS is not built on database technology, but rather a true Big Data platform that provides enhanced search and reporting capabilities like a database but with better performance, cost economies, and scale data structure. Read more.
Vulnerability Management Service
Scan your assets for vulnerabilities regularly and on-demand when new vulnerabilities arise, new assets are added, or to validate fixes. VMS is a cloud-based suite of security and compliance solutions that automatically integrates with your inventory of network devices, servers and applications, whether Internet perimeter systems or your internal computers. With SAVANTURE’s VMS, you can discover where you have vulnerabilities and weaknesses – and we prioritize the necessary fixes and changes so critical risk issues can be deterred fast before they are exploited. VMS helps you address compliance mandates such as NIST/Government, PCI, HIPAA, FISMA and others that require you to audit the devices and applications on a periodic basis and fix any high priority and critical vulnerabilities, as well as configuration violations. VMS is delivered as a stand-alone product or can be integrated into SIEM.Read more.
Authentication and Two-Factor Authentication
Unique to the industry, we provide our SIEM module with most Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) deployments. Why? Illegitimate use of legitimate authority, whether accidental or intentional, is a major cause of security breaches. And this especially applies to Administrator accounts with a high degree of privileged access. Accountability is a prerequisite of effective security. Because SAVANTURE 2FA can be deployed to only validate particular applications and user roles (i.e. Administrators), we as an industry must assume that someone could make a configuration error when implementing the service on a server, device or application. With that understanding, you should actively collect and compare authentication records from each destination system or application with the authentication logs from the 2FA solution … we do that. If there is a discrepancy, we alert you as a high priority event. Meet regulatory requirements and provide an easy-to-use, easy-to-implement, second factor authentication solution for your remote user access (such as VPN) to critical systems. Read more.
Consulting and Professional Services
Sometimes you need help. We are Savanture. We can Help. Read more.
VERTICAL MARKET APPROACH
We further customize this based on the vertical market in which you operate. Each industry not only has specific Governance, Regulatory and Compliance requirements, but they often have unique risk tolerances and specific technologies that must be integrated and considered into the overall defensive plan, policy, and risk approach. We work actively with each customer to create the optimal solution to meet their needs. We have solution packages that provide specific approaches for each of the following industry segments:
- Small and Medium Businesses
- Large Enterprise
- Service Providers
- Public Sector and Government
- Healthcare and Hospitals
- Banking and Financial Services
- Power and Utilities
- Retail and Consumer
CARRIER CLASS PLATFORM RELIABILITY
At the heart of our security service is our Security Intelligence and Operations Centers (SIOC), a state-of-the-art facility staffed with a team of engineers, analyst and technicians hand-picked for their network and security management expertise.
Common Platform Characteristics
To provide the highest level of availability and reliability, this facility features the latest advances in building security, surveillance, network redundancy, and power generation and backup. The SAVANTURE SIOCs operate on a continuous 24x7x365 schedule.
Mission critical systems protection and redundancy capabilities include:
- We follow the same advice we provide our largest enterprise clients when it comes to protecting our own infrastructure:
- Dual facility and system redundancy
- 24×7 monitoring of all key network components and servers, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, routers, VPNs, and more
- Full logging of all systems
- Continuous network vulnerability scanning
- Integrated multi-tier authentication across the platform
- Quarterly penetration test
- Infinite Horizontal Scalability to allow us to dynamically add system capacity as more customers and devices leverage our services
- SSAE 16, previously SAS 70, facilities certification
Learn about our company, read what media and analysts have to say about SAVANTURE, or find open positions and become part of our team.
We are here to earn your trust, and your business.
- SAVANTURE Services are best in class and provide the most optimal cost performance solution in the marketplace allowing you to focus on your business
- Best in class offerings allow us to protect your revenue, reputation and regulatory compliance better than any other solution in the marketplace
- Flexibility in deployment methods allow a low cost entry option, while breath of services allow you to increase your protection logically over time as threats change and regulatory requirements evolve
- SAVANTURE allows you to leverage best in class or take advantage of SAVANTURE’s Genesis5
- Ease of deployment and ease of use while always being cost-effective, reliable, and secure